Every summer, AIA Cleveland goes to the beach! The event combines volleyball and sand castle construction to present a unique opportunity for Cleveland architects and designers to engage with the public on one of Cleveland’s premier beaches. Register your team for what will be a day to be remembered! All are welcome to this family-friendly event, generously hosted by Cleveland Metroparks.
All proceeds raised go to the ACE Mentor Program scholarship fund. To learn more about ACE, please select the image below:
August 2019 (TBD)
6500 Cleveland Memorial Shoreway
Cleveland, OH 44102
Registration Coming Soon!
Sponsor Registration Coming Soon!
SCULPTURE CATEGORY WINNER: AECOM | Harry Potter Themed Castle
CASTLE CATEGORY WINNER: BIALOSKY CLEVELAND | Half Pyramid Castle
CLEVELAND SPIRIT CATEGORY WINNER: CLEVELAND METROPARKS | Historic Coast Guard Station
BEST OF THE BEACH WINNER: THE AUSTIN COMPANY
VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONS (UPPER): UNDERCOOKED CORNDOGS
VOLLEYBALL RUNNER-UP (UPPER): DEALER TIRE
VOLLEYBALL CHAMPION (LOWER): TURNER CONSTRUCTION
SAND FESTIVAL PREPARATIONS
See the competition rules and proper sand castle building techniques below:
1. Start on a Hard Pack, no soft sand foundations.
2. Water + Sand = True Sand Castle Love
3. Masonry Tools are Extremely Helpful, So are Large Clay Carving Tools
4. Video Tutorial: Sandcastle from Start to Finish
5. Video Tutorial: How to Make an Arch
1. Food/Drink: Water will be Available; as will Concessions and Food Trucks
2. Coolers: Encouraged, but No Glass on the Beach (or Alcohol outside the beer tent)
3. Sunburns: Shade Tents and Sunscreen!
4. Radios: Set Your own Mood