Every summer, AIA Cleveland goes to the beach! The event combines volleyball and sand castle construction to present a unique opportunity for Cleveland architects and designers to engage with the public on one of Cleveland’s premier beaches. Register your team for what will be a day to be remembered! All are welcome to this family-friendly event, generously hosted by Cleveland Metroparks.
All proceeds raised go to the ACE Mentor Program scholarship fund. To learn more about ACE, please select the image below:
Saturday, August 4th, 2018
6500 Cleveland Memorial Shoreway
Cleveland, OH 44102
Registration is now open below!
$300 - Volleyball Team
$250 - Sand Castle Team
$200 - Tug of War Team
Signature: $2,500 (1 Available)
Lake Erie Partner: $1,500 (4 Available)
Food Truck Sponsor: $1,250 (1 Available)
Golden Bucket Sponsor: $1,000 (8 Available)
Golden Shovel Sponsor: $500
8:00am - Sand Castle Build Begins
10:00am - Volleyball Tournament Begins
1:00pm - Public Voting Begins
3:00pm - Parade of Castles, Celebrity Jury
4:00PM - Championship Game | Awards
SAND FESTIVAL PREPARATIONS
See the competition rules and proper sand castle building techniques below:
1. Start on a Hard Pack, no soft sand foundations.
2. Water + Sand = True Sand Castle Love
3. Masonry Tools are Extremely Helpful, So are Large Clay Carving Tools
4. Video Tutorial: Sandcastle from Start to Finish
5. Video Tutorial: How to Make an Arch
1. Food/Drink: Water will be Available; as will Concessions and Food Trucks
2. Coolers: Encouraged, but No Glass on the Beach (or Alcohol outside the beer tent)
3. Sunburns: Shade Tents and Sunscreen!
4. Radios: Set Your own Mood