Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
The mission of the AIA Cleveland’s Historic Resources Committee (HRC) is to promote, advance and advocate for the preservation of Northeast Ohio’s architectural heritage among AIA members, allied organizations, and the public.
- To serve the needs of the profession and the public in preservation advocacy and education.
- To advise AIA Cleveland’s Executive Board on matters related to historic districts and landmarks.
- To offer expertise in historic architecture to AIA Members, allied preservation organizations and the public.
- To promote the contributions of historic preservation to the quality of the built environment.
- To maintain, on behalf of AIA Cleveland and in cooperation with the Early Settlers Association and the Western Reserve Historical Society, a list of nominees for the Cleveland Landmarks Commission according to the terms of the Cleveland Landmarks Ordinance.
- To uphold and promote a high standard for historic preservation within AIA Cleveland, the profession and the public (and within Design Review Committees and Landmark Commissions.)
- To recognize outstanding practice and patronage in the field of historic preservation.